YMCA Camp Collins
• Minimum age 21 with a valid Driver’s license
• Be able to lift 40 pounds
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
• Complete YMCA of Columbia-Willamette Volunteer Application and DMV Qualification Record
• Attend an orientation prior to home stay experience.
• Be familiar with the scheduled outings and adhere to schedule.
• Complete required paperwork for own children participating in daily field trips with YMCA.
Each summer YMCA Camp Collins proudly partners with the Saitama YMCA in Japan to offer a dynamic, cultural opportunity for youth. Japanese children ranging in ages from 8 to 15 journey across the Pacific to Oregon and participate in a week of resident camp at YMCA Camp Collins followed by a week of Home Stays with local families. Japanese campers will spend the weekend following summer camp with host families and travel home with them each evening during the week. YMCA Camp Collins organizes activities for Japanese campers and children of host families to participate in during the day, Monday through Thursday. Home-stay families can host 2 or more campers depending on camper’s age and families’ ability.
Essential Functions Of Job
• Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
• Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
• Report suspected child abuse to YMCA Camp Collins staff and document the incident.
• Provide meals for the international student:
Breakfast – all, unless otherwise scheduled
Lunch – Saturday & Sunday, unless otherwise scheduled
Dinner – all, except Thursday or unless otherwise scheduled
• Provide transportation for the international student for daily field trips:
Mon. – Thur. from Sunnyside Elementary, Alameda Elementary or Richmond Elementary. Drop off between 7:30a – 8:30 AM, pick up between 5:00 – 6:00 PM. No pick up Thursday evening.
• Treat international student as part of the family, include in family functions, daily chores, and weekend outings.
• Provide the international student with clean and safe living accommodations. Guests are not allowed to share beds with family members and sleeping areas should be gender separate.
• Practice speaking English with your student; allow them to talk, ask questions and learn about American life.
• Follow the specific directives of the Group Services Director and Executive Director
• In the event of an emergency, contact Brian White (work - 503-663-5523 or cell – 971-400-4017) or Willard Burks (work - 503-663-7699, cell - 971-227-1885 or home 503-663-9580). The YMCA must complete an accident report if any injury has occurred.
How to Apply
YMCA Camp Collins
Attn: Brian White
3001 SE Oxbow Parkway
Gresham, OR 97080
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer