• 20 credit hours in Education or related field or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed child care/school facility.
• Meet all teacher standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
• 18 yrs of age
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette, Portland’s largest non-profit childcare provider, is seeking a teacher for the Springfield Meadows YMCA Child Development Center in Vancouver, WA. This charming facility offers children and families affordable, quality child care by developing meaningful relationships and a constructive learning environment. The YMCA is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The YMCA seeks candidates who are dependable, enthusiastic, compassionate, flexible, reliable, positive, friendly, nurturing, creative, honest, patient, passionate and has a great sense of humor, strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently. A career with the Y allows you to make a difference in your community.
Plan and implement a safe, developmentally appropriate classroom environment for children.
Essential Functions of the Position
• Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
• Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
• Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
• Sense of humor, positive attitude and fairness.
• Ability to work independent as well as create and lead work teams.
• Ability and willingness to obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
• Ability and willingness to perform any and all jobs in the program.
• Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
• Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs. and crouch for 15 minutes.
• Ability to multi task.
• Provide and follow written plans for a well balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
• Supervise assistants and volunteers.
• Maintain a physically and emotionally appropriate environment for children in compliance with state regulations and YMCA standards.
• Maintain a clean and neat environment.
• Supervise children at all times.
• Maintain a high level of interaction with the children.
• Maintain positive interactions with parents/guardians of children.
• Complete all record keeping in an accurate and timely manner.
• Design and implement a daily schedule which includes activities to enhance the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills.
• Maintain positive communication with school personnel.
• Participate in observation, assessment and evaluation of children.
• Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
• Respond appropriately to all and any emergency situations.
• Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Submit a completed Employment Application to:
Kahlea Croft, Center Director
4317 NE 66th Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98661
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer