Healthy Kids Day
On Saturday, April 27, from 10 AM – 2 PM, the Beaverton Hoop YMCA is celebrating YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® with a free community event that encourages families in Washington County to move, learn and live healthier. Healthy Kids Day is a national initiative of the Y that features fun, educational activities such as Zumbatomic, crafts, and obstacle courses. Also enjoy talking with the Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue department and tour the fire safety house or meet your local Beaverton Library Librarians and get some ideas for great summer reading.
There will also be acrobatics performances from Westside Dance and Gymnastics Academy, Taekwondo demonstrations from US World Class Taekwondo Tanasbourne and Hula performances from the OHANA foundation.
• 10:15-10:45 Zumbatomic for families with Karen
• 11:00 -11:45 Westside Dance Academy performance
• 12:00 -12:30 Tanasbourne Taekwondo Demonstration
• 12:45 -1:15 RIPPED For Kids with Caz
• 1:20-1:45 Hula performances from the OHANA foundation
• Information booths, crafts, and activities from community organizations including American Diabetes Association, Imagination Learning Center, YMCA Camp Collins, YMCA Child Care, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue, US World Class Taekwondo Tanasbourne, & Walker Road Chiropractic, PC.
• Help us create a mural about what you love to do during the summer
• Spring Stuff Swap-Search your house, garage, and storage for all the useable items you don’t need/want/love anymore. Please no stained, recalled, or broken items. At the end of the event any items left will be donated to the YMCA Family Resource center in Forest Grove.